Martijn Faassen wrote:
Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 2. Juli 2005 20:52:54 +0200 Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I wonder whether it's possible to expose zope 3's authentication system
to Zope 2, though that may be too much of a mismatch between security

Wasn't that a major goal of Jim for Z 2.9?

Don't know if that is going to happen for Zope 2.9.

What I meant though is to expose the pluggable auth part of Zope 3 as opposed to rewriting the zope 2 security system in terms of zope 3 security, which I believe Jim's goal is.

Zope 3's pluggable authentication utility is based (loosely) on
Zope 2's Pluggable Authentication Service.  Isn't that adequate?

I *would love* to get Zope 2 to use Zope 3's security architecture
for Zope 2.9.  I don't know if that is going to happen either. :/

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation