Takahashi, Michael wrote:

I’m trying to work on a function call using Python that will list the users of any specified group using the function portal_groups.

I’ve been able to successfully do this the opposite way by getting the users groups via portal_membership:

portal.portal_membership.getAuthenticatedMember().getGroups()

Which will return all groups this user is associated with.

So I’ve been testing using portal_groups with function calls similar to this:

portal.portal_groups.getGroupById("staff").getUsers()

Where “staff” is the name of the group. This almost does what I need, but not quite close enough because it lists all groups and all users. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

It acquires 'getUsers' from somewhere, I guess.

Group objects have 'getGroupMemberIds' and 'getGroupMembers' methods.
You can see this in Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupDataTool.GroupData.
the Products.GroupUserFolder.interfaces.portal_groupdata is a bit
cleaner, but seems a little behind the times, as it's missing
'getGroupMemberIds'.

Note that this isn't a good topic for zope-dev, but more for plone-users.

                --jcc