On 4 Aug 2005, at 01:01, Leonardo Rochael Almeida wrote:

Hi,

I've started the lra-userid_username_separation-branch (from
Zope-2_8-branch to start from a stable point) in order to implement
proper userid/username separation in Zope.

Chris McDonough did most of that for Zope 2.7 already a long long time ago. There might be cleanups needed here and there, but for all practical purposes the separation exists and works. The standard user folder implementation doesn't support it AFAIK. Where specifically do you see it not work?

I've been using it for the LDAPUserFolder for ages where you can specify different attributes for the ID and the login, and change the login value at will. And, like Tino mentioned, PAS uses it as well.

jens