--On 4. August 2005 19:01:48 +0300 Petri Savolainen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Am I right in assuming that calls to objectValues etc. still return a
real sequence of objects loaded in memory from ZODB? How about making
object* calls return a generator instead? Has this been discussed
somewhere already? I tried a bit of googling & list-searching but could
not find much anything on this.

If you use objectValues() then you should be aware that it loads every object from the ZODB. In the rare cases where I use objectValues() I am usually interested in every object and not only in some objects. As Dieter noticed implementing the functionality as generator would implement in incompatible behaviour so -1 for the proprosal changing the method itself. A dedicated method would be possible if you explain us some usecase where a generator would be more helpful.

-aj