[Paul Winkler]
> I'm looking at the two patches that were uploaded for
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1810 which is assigned to me... BUT:
> 1) Have we reached the end of the 2.7 line?

I expect that's Andreas's call now.  I still plug away adding patches
to the ZODB 3.2 line (which is maintained solely for the benefit of
the Zope 2.7 line).  If there won't be another 2.7-line release, I'd
be delighted to retire the ZODB 3.2 line too.

> Do I need to apply this to the 2.7 branch?  Or can I just put this on
> the trunk and 2.8 branches and leave it at that? I really hate having to
> deal with both CVS and SVN for one fix...

Do it one place, do "cvs diff" or "svn diff" to create a patch, then
apply the patch to the other place?  That often works fine the first

> 2) Since 2.8.1 is planned for tomorrow, should I a) hurry up and get it
> in before that, or b) wait because I don't want to risk merging a
> not-widely-tested patch so close to the final release?

Does this require ZODB changes?  If so, ZODB 3.4.1 final
tarballs+installers have already been cut & tested (just awaiting
upload & announcements).  If I have to cut another ZODB release for
Zope 2.8.1 (which is fine, if that's what's needed), the Zope 2.8.1
release should be delayed by a day to make enough time to do that.

> or c) just create a bugfix branch and leave it for somebody else to sort
> out the merge, since I'll be out of town for the next 2 weeks starting
> tomorrow and can't help if there's anything wrong with the fix? :-)

Sounds like starting on #c now wouldn't be a waste of time in any
case, and would leave all other options open.
Zope-Dev maillist  -  Zope-Dev@zope.org
**  No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
(Related lists -
 http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope )

Reply via email to