Dieter Maurer wrote:
You could use part of the old style initialization, the "methods"
declaration to be precise.

You see an example in ".../Products/ZSQLMethods/".

Be warned, however: the old style initialization puts
the declared methods on the "OFS.Folder" class.

Yeah, I thought about that, but it sux for the reasons you gave.

I've found a similar solution to what's currently there which works in both 2.7 and 2.8, so I'll make a new release sometime soon...