From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Chris Withers
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: zope-dev
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Allowing python logging from restricted code

Hi Jim,

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I think you need to be very careful with this.

What's the concern?
I'm, at most, planning on making the getLogger function and the top
level logging constants (eg: logging.INFO, etc) available...

> IMO, this is something
> that should not be turned on by default. OTOH, I have no problem with
> making this possible to turn on.

zope.conf option?

Also, do you have any comment on the second half of my proposal, which
was to do with making it possible to define more than just event and
access logs in zope.conf?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk