Tres Seaver wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:

This is a reminder that there will be a feature freeze for the December
Zope releases on November 1.  No new features for the November releases
be added after October 31.  The Zope trunks should be stable and ready
for a beta
release on November 1.

We are committed to time-based releases. This means we need to be very
disciplined about deadlines.  If a cool new feature isn't quite
ready before November 1, then it could be be included in the June
release, for which the feature freeze will be May 1.

Cool.  I like the way the Ubuntu guys describe their freeze / process:

I don't know what would qualify for "release goals" versus "targets of
opportunity" for this cycle, though.

Me neither.  I have a sense that they are being a lot more formal
about their process than we are though.  Perhaps we should be more formal,
but I kind of doubt it.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation