Jim Fulton wrote at 2005-11-1 17:28 -0500:
>I have configured the test runner to exclude tests for ZConfig, BTrees,
>persistent, ThreadedAsync, transaction, ZEO, ZODB, ZopeUndo, zdaemon,
>and zope.testing. My reasoning for excluding these by default was that
>these packages are all included via externals.  They aren't being
>modified as part of the Zope 2 development process, so why run their tests?
>I then realized that this applies to all of the zope package.  Perhaps
>I should exclude the zope package as well.  Or perhaps we shouldn't
>exclude anything by default.

I would have objected because I want to execute all tests for
the Zope installation (to verify that the final installation overall works)
independent of where the components come from.

But, then I read your post to "zope3-dev" and learned about the
"--module ." possibility. If this is available for the Zope2 "test.py"
as well, this is fine with me.