yuppie wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>> Log message for revision 39903:
>>>   - converted interface to z3 interface.
>>>
>>> Changed:
>>>   D   Zope/trunk/lib/python/AccessControl/IUserFolder.py
>>
>> I think we should maybe leave the Zope 2 interfaces around for at least
>> one release. People with custom user folder implementations might have
>> imported this old Zope 2 interface. This change will break their
>> products.
>
> In general I agree. But IStandardUserFolder in IUserFolder.py wasn't a
> Zope 2 interface. It was a quite useless base class.

Hah, I didn't see that even. The leading 'I' was quite misleading then...

> If any custom user
> folder subclasses from that class - which I don't believe - removing
> that base class is all that has to be done to fix that product.

True, but it wouldn't have been different if it were an interface.
You're probably right, though, the chance that someone's using this
"interface" is close to none.

> But if people think we should anyway give a warning first I'm fine with
> re-adding that file on the trunk.

I don't have Zope 2 user folders subclassing, so I wouldn't be the one
to complain ;).

Philipp