Cool, thanks!

Jim

Tres Seaver wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:

FWIW:

Alot. :)

$ pwd
/home/tseaver/projects/Zope-CVS/Zope-2_8-branch
$ find . -name "*.py" | grep -v "build-base" | xargs grep -l whrandom
./lib/python/AccessControl/DTML.py
./lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/help/PythonScript.py
./lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/regressiontests/regressionCatalog.py
./lib/python/Products/ZCatalog/regressiontests/loadmail.py
./lib/python/RestrictedPython/Utilities.py
./lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py

./lib/python/zope/security/examples/sandbox.py
./lib/python/zope/security/examples/sandbox_security.py

Sigh.

Hmm, I see that RestrictedPython/Utilities.py on the Z3 trunk aliases
'random' as 'whrandom' -- could we use that strategy for 2.8 etc.?

Yes.  random has the same documented functions and signatures as whrandon.

We could remove them for 2.9, I guess, and just make people fix their
applications.

I suggest we make aliases and generate deprecation warnings if
whrandom is used. (The later may be tricky, I realize.)

Maybe for now, just make aliases and move on. :)

Jim

I have aliased 'random' to 'whrandom' in AccessControl.DTML and
RestrictedPython.Utilities on the 2.8 branch and the 2.9 branch, and
added comments noting BBB to be removed in Zope 2.10.

I removed all mention of 'whrandom' the trunk.

Tres.
- --