On 26 Nov 2005, at 15:07, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
However, I am noticing that on the current Zope 2.9 branch, trying to
build the software fails completely. The "configure" script works fine,
but the "make" step does not seem to do anything at all.

Yes it does. It compiles the C extensions.

The real difference now is that I used to be able to create an empty directory from which to run configure and make, but now it only works when you sit inside the full source tree... So in order to do my usual "pristine source tree under src/, build under opt/" I must now copy the full source tree over. Annoying :/