On 26 Nov 2005, at 09:28, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
The second change is actually related to your permission work. First of all I have to thank you for your great work :) But I have found one nasty thing.

CopySupport had the following security declaration:

__ac_permissions__=(('Copy or Move', (), ('Anonymous', 'Manager',)),)

which changed into:

security = ClassSecurityInfo()
security.setPermissionDefault(copy_or_move, ('Anonymous', 'Manager'))

Now the InitializeClass call is actually an alias for the former Globals call, so no change here. But as you wrote yourself, you had some trouble with the mysterious __ac_permissions format.

Looking at the actual code in App.class_init in the last paragraph I'm quite sure that the former code did effectivly nothing so far. The actual setattr call is inside a 'for mname in mnames:' loop where mnames is the second element of each security tuple - in this special case the mysterious () which results in not going through the 'for mname in mnames:' loop at all.

Ok I just fixed SecurityInfo, could you update AccessControl/ and recheck please?