Christian Theune wrote:

Am Freitag, den 02.12.2005, 10:03 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:

Christian Theune wrote:

Am Mittwoch, den 30.11.2005, 15:52 +0100 schrieb Philipp von

From where I'm standing, with Zope 2.8.4 it's as safe as with Zope 2.9
(which actually *requires* Python 2.4...) So it is really just a label
we put on the 2.8 and 2.9 branches, in terms of the relevant code base
they're the same...

Statements like that are *dangerous*. The label is all that it is about.
It is against the possibility that although the likely relevant code
base is the same, there might be some minor minor minor switch that
makes everything burn.

I really can't figure out what your saying.

Sorry. See my response a couple of lines downwards.

What Andreas is saying is that Python 2.4 still isn't supported
for Zope 2.8.  This is different from a statement about a security
audit.  The security audit evaluated and addressed issues arising
from a change from Python 2.3 to python 2.4.  Zope 2.8.4 reflects
this.  We still choose not to support Python 2.4 for Zope 2.8 because
there hasn't been any sort of test release cycle for Zope 2.8 with
Python 2.4.  Zope 2.9 will go through such a cycle which will give us
at least some consequence.

If I didn't miss anything, neither an audit has happend for Zope 2.8
with Python 2.4, nor did we make it a supported platform.

You did miss something. As has been pointed out several times in this
thread, the audit did happen for 2.8 and 2.8.  And, as has also been
said many times, Python 2.4 with Zope 2.8 is not supported.

IMHO it is dangerous to call it "just a label" that we apply.

I really don't know what "it" you are refering to.  We did do the security
audit. We still aren't supporting Python 2.4 for Zope 2.8.

> If the
audit was performed, then I'll shut up immediately.

Cool. :)

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation