Paul Winkler wrote:

I'm +1 on having failed retries show up at level ERROR.

With Florent's changes you get 'em twice, with mine, you get 'em once ;-)

I'm neutral on having successful retries show up at level INFO, BLATHER,
or in some other log handler entirely.  Conflict errors are a pretty
small part of my world and I don't really have a strong opinion on this
part of the debate, and I don't have time to review either of
your patches.

Well, if you ever run into performance problems, you might care about them...