Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:40:27AM +0100, Andreas Jung wrote:
>
>>The build process changed in 2.9.
>>Perhaps "make inplace; make test" should work.
>>-aj
>

> Good thought, but there is no "inplace" target anymore.

Yup, Andreas was referring to the SVN checkout.

> What is now the canonical way of running tests in a release
> tarball?  Is there one?

"make test" *is* the canonical way of running tests. It's only that the
Zope/releases/Zope2/test.py script has a bug. It imports
zope.app.testing.test which doesn't exist in Zope 3.2 anymore. The
reason it has that bug is that it was copied from Zope 3 without much
thinking. Neither I nor the release managers of Zope 2 and 3 seemed to
have run "make test" before and after the betas, otherwise this problem
would have been apparent right away.

I guess it should use zope.testing.testrunner instead of
zope.app.testing.test, though I'm not sure how the parameters and
options convert.

Philipp