--On 15. Dezember 2005 17:55:16 +0100 Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hm, so it auto-decodes non-unicode strings using UTF-8? That's a bit
dangerous, as you suppress a large class of unicode errors in the code.
Code that creates UTF-8 strings will be silently accepted. Not as bad as
what PTS does, at least the output of the ZPT will be unicode, but scary

Do you have any impression of how compatible is your code is with
existing large Zope 2 codebases by the way?

I would like to keep the code as strict as possible for now. When the final implementation is ready we must test it with Plone and CPS and see what problems will occur and how we can deal with them in a sane way (hopefully saner than the current implementation). Otherwise we could also stick with the current implementation :-) So there is currently no need to hurry..I hope to finish the work in January...enough time left for testing.