"make install" does currently not work on 2.9 branch and trunk. I am told that this is because "zpkg cannot do it". I am also told that the tarball would support make install, just not the checkout. I never use tarballs, so I don't know for sure.

I'd very much like to see the canonical "./configure; make; make install" continue to work as it did in 2.7 and 2.8. Sysadmins go crazy if Zope's installation procedure changes with every other release.

Stefan