Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 06:50:19AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| >There is a drawback: Debugging becomes a lot harder and sometimes | >impossible because you get no or faulty line number information in | >tracebacks and when using pdb. | | That isn't true. Line numbers are included and valid. | | All -O does is: | | - cause __debug__ to be false | | - cause assert statements to be noop.

I think Jens was referring to the fact that since some version (which I
don't remember correctly), when run with -O python will show the line
number of the function definition on tracebacks instead of the real
line number where the exception occurred.

I don't think this is the case for recent versions of Python.

Jim