Yes it is: http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-pprint.html

> But the dictionary here is an *artifact* -- what you are really trying
> to do would be expressed as individual assertions in a classic unit test:
>
>   self.failUnless(IFiveUtilityRegistry.providedBy(utility_service))
>   self.failIf(zapi.getSiteManager() is zapi.getGlobalSiteManager())
>
> etc.  If you really want to test equality of dictionaries, then
> 'self.assertEqual' does the trick just fine.

All I need is a means to get information from the view (which is our guinnea
pig component
that tries to look up local stuff) to the functional test. Views typically
output strings,
whether we're in doctests or not. So, in the end we're comparing strings.
pprint'ing a
dictionary is just a convenient, but perhaps misleading way of doing this.

Philipp