Andreas Jung wrote:
> Hi,
> for next release we plan to replace several parts with the corresponding
> components from Zope 3 (e.g. ZPT´). Philipp is working on a proposal on
> that issue. In addition I would like to get rid of some old stuff that
> is no longer maintained and buggy:
> - ZopeTutorial (could be ripped off without implications and made available
>   for download on

Or write a new tutorial.

> - HelpSys - from a programmers view pretty much useless and not very
>   helpful. I consider to replace it with something more useful (not sure
>   we can re-use apidoc from Zope 3 in some way, perhaps the inclusion
>   of Dieter's Docfinder might be more useful for programmers)

Never used it.

> - Gadfly(DA) - do we really need this? We discussed this already. In my
>   opinion the purpose of Gadfly is only educational but nothing that one
>   really needs or uses for production. It could be removed and made
>   available for download on

Gadfly is nice to experiment with SQL programming, you can even run
small SQL apps (guestbook, small forum, etc.) with it. And it's easy to
replace is with a more serious replacement afterwards.

I've used it whenever I needed SQL support in Zope, either in
development mode or in "hack something quickly" mode.

> And my favourite enemy in Zope: ZClasses :-) I would like to mark them
> _clearly_ as an obsolete feature (DeprecationWarning, Warnings in the
> ZMI and the Zope Book). I _don't_ propose to remove them at some point
> but ppl should be aware that they are using one of the most-scary
> components in Zope (please no further discussion about the pros and cons
> of ZClasses..this discussion took already place already a bunch of times
> on the list).

Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server:
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!