On 12/22/05, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jar files have no dependencies.

Well, I know you know what you mean here, but I'll elaborate since the
kids haven't started fighting yet this morning.  :-)

Jar files don't have dependency metadata.  They're pretty much
equivalent to zipped Python libraries.  Python Eggs take the next step
by adding the dependency information and other interesting bits in the
support infrastructure.  I'm sure there's a Java equivalent (or
several), but I've not heard of it.

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin