Tim Peters wrote:

I'm sure Paul meant that the content of the tarball _looks_ very
different now.  Change is always disconcerting.  I vividly recall that
when ZODB switched to zpkgtools-based releases, we had messages from
people staring at the tarball wondering where the ZODB code was --

I think it'd be nice to have the code in a more obvious place in the tarball. The current layout makes it a lot harder to inspect a release's source code without installing.

I realize that after installation it looks like Python packages again, but perhaps it's a difference we can minimize somehow, as it is an place Zope stuff looks 'special' to the world, and not in our core business, which is web application framework stuff.