Andreas Jung wrote:

No. Imagine a PythonScript that returns a unicode string. The ZPublisher converts the unicode string to latin1 (zpublisher_default_encoding). Most browsers will default Latin1 when they can't find the charset in the content-type header. When you configure the ZPublisher to convert output to utf-8 then browsers will still default to Latin1 although the output it utf-8. So we tell the browser which encoding the ZPubisher was using to produce the output.

Ah, okay, and how would I indicate in my PythonScript return that I'm returning something different to what is specified in zpublisher_default_encoding?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk