--On 5. Januar 2006 17:36:45 +0100 Florent Guillaume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:
ToDo: in-place conversion of persistent ZPT instance through setstate()
or so...

Could we avoid doing things in __setstate__ please? It imposes a runtime
cost that doesn't disappear.

I'd rather have a one-time update method that trawls the database, like
is done for Python Scripts recompiling for instance. Or I can call it
myself in my upgrade procedures on the exact objects I know will need

I've implemented the setstate() variant as proof-of-concept. I am not sure if there is overhead for CMF-based sites since they FSPageTemplates inherit from PageTemplateFile which has nothing in mind with persistence. So only persistent ZopePageTemplate would be affected. If there is need for a dedicated migration we could easily write one..that's the lamest task of the whole ZPT unicode issue :-)