Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Since we are close to the release, I felt compelled to ask before I did
> this. Could I revert 39890 [1] for the 3.2 release?
> It seems that phillip finished zpkg's module support some time ago [2].
> (I ask as this is causing me headaches doing the Debian packaging for
> the latest zope3)
> [1]
> [2]

Sorry for replying to this so late, I only stumbled upon this recently.

While I agree that the sys.modules/sys.path mangling was bad, this now
raises the problem of correctly stitching in pullparser and ClientForm
into Zope 2. Unfortunately, svn:externals doesn't work with files, so
we'll have to make copies. They will have to be updated whenever
pullparser and ClientForm have been updated and a newer Zope 3 is
stitched in.