On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:46:33AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| >| As I said before, the fact that we don't have a windows release
| >| is proof that the process isn't automated enough.
| >
| >That's not a proof that the process is not automated enough. The
| >transition from python2.3 to 2.4 *is* non-trivial because python
| >changed from distutils to MSI.
|
| Except that the same sort of problems occurred with 2.8.

I would describe the problems with the Windows installers as lack of
interest by the developers, not problems with installer building
automation.

One way or another, the best I can propose right now is to integrate
the building of the Windows installer into a buildbot, either ZC's or
Enfold Systems'.

We already build the nightly Windows Installer for Plone, so it
wouldn't be a big deal to do the same for Zope.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.