Chris Withers wrote:
On a side note, I see python now includes, why are we still maintaining our own copy in zope.testing?

doctest has been in Python for a long time, far longer than we've been using it.

Now that we use it aggressively and are aggressively contributing to it, we
usually need a newer version than is available in the Python release we're

If Python had and used a packaging system, like eggs, this wouldn't be

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation