Paul Winkler wrote:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:34:17AM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

I didn't know that methods needed to have docstrings to be traversable (it took me some time to find out why I was getting "Not found" errors on some of a tool's methods). Is there any reason to still have such a "feature" in Zope2.9? or at least maybe there could be a hint in the trace log.

I thought the docstring requirement only applied to publishing,
not traversal per se?
Do you get "Not found" when doing e.g. restrictedTraverse(some_path)?

no then it works, and also when methods are called from inside page templates. That's the publisher that doesn't find it.