Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

>Andrew Milton wrote:
>>+-------[ Stephan Richter ]----------------------
>>| Hello everyone,
>>| With the development of Zope 3, the Zope developers committed to a new
>>| development process and higher software quality guidelines. With the
>>| of Zope 3 technologies in the wider Zope community, we should also start
>>| using the process for third party package development.
>>| I have spent the last two weeks working on a proposal that defines a Zope
>>| Software Certification Program (ZSCP) and a Common Repository that
>>| this process. The proposal is attached to this mail. I welcome any comments
>>| about it!
>>So in order to even get your Open Source package LISTED, you have to sign
>>the rights of your code to Zope Corp (currently, Zope Foundation later), and
>>check it into the svn respository.
>>Is this is correct?
>No. The common repository under the wings of ZC/ZF is just *a*
>repository that implements the ZSCP. There can be others, for example
>the Plone repository, the collective repository (perhaps), etc.
>I had earlier suggested to Stephan that we should keep the common
>repository separate from ZSCP and there out of this proposal. IMO there
>should be a separate proposal for the common repository. I guess he
>didn't agree.
>I think both the ZSCP and the common repository (in the context of the
>ZF) are a great idea. We should try to have as much stuff as possible in
>the common repository, but we shouldn't make the process dependent on it.
>I'm therefore still suggesting to divide up the proposal.

I specially like the ZSCP proposal. It is very similar to a project we
are involved in, the EDOS project ( I strongly
believe that it is a perfect match for the whole idea of having a
component architecture in the first place.

I also like the common repository idea, if it can provide the same level
of QA functions we currently have at nuxeo ( +, though I fear that Trac can't scale well to a
project spanning several important subprojects (here scaling means
providing both global views and by-project views of what's going on).

However, I believe like you Philipp, that both initiatives should be

Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server:
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!