yuppie wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
I don't think it will make much sense to keep Zope 2 interfaces around
for more than one year from now. In other words, I'm suggesting to
deprecate them for Zope 2.10.

Me too ;-)

1.) WriteLock: Objects are only lockable if their class has WriteLockInterface in its __implements__ list.

2.) PluggableIndex: Indexes for ZCatalog have to be registered in Products.meta_types with PluggableIndexInterface.

3.) IFAwareObjectManager and the 'interfaces' argument of ObjectManager.all_meta_types: The mechanism used for pluggable indexes has a generic implementation in ObjectManager and can be used by any subclass of IFAwareObjectManager.

I think these can safely swapped... ie: no non-zope-core code actually does anything with these interfaces...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk