On 3/8/06, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, for those not familiar with svn/HTTP authentication, as I understand it
> you have to authenticate for each session and your credentials are cached in
> clear text in your home directory.  The storage of clear-text credentials
> is obviously lame, as is the necessity to provide then for each svn session.

Client certificates are the SSL equivalent of ssh keys and can, like
keys, be protected by a passphrase.

Without some form of passphrase-caching agent, you'd have to re-enter
your passphrase every time too though, or (*shudder*) put your
passphrase into the .subversion/servers config file, and you are back
to square one.

Martijn Pieters