yuppie wrote:
> In Zope 3 the NameChooser makes sure you can't use content IDs starting
> with '+' or '@'.
> Zope 2 doesn't allow '+' in content IDs (actually the error message says
> the ID contains characters illegal in URLs), but you can use content IDs
> like '@@edit.html'. If the lookup order is changed as proposed
> (http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2006q1/001186.html) this allows
> to override views with content objects.
> I guess this is a bug

I wouldn't say that. It's just that something Five added (Zope 3 view
lookup) doesn't work in all cases of legal Zope 2 object names. That's
Five's problem, not Zope 2's (strictly speaking).

> and should be fixed in Zope 2.8, 2.9 and trunk.

We'd be changing Zope 2's behaviour (not fixing a Five bug), I would
therefore vote for making this change on the Zope 2 trunk only.

CCing zope-dev as they will probably have an opinion there as well.