Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
yuppie wrote:
In Zope 3 the NameChooser makes sure you can't use content IDs starting
with '+' or '@'.

Zope 2 doesn't allow '+' in content IDs (actually the error message says
the ID contains characters illegal in URLs), but you can use content IDs
like '@@edit.html'. If the lookup order is changed as proposed
( this allows
to override views with content objects.

I guess this is a bug

I wouldn't say that. It's just that something Five added (Zope 3 view
lookup) doesn't work in all cases of legal Zope 2 object names. That's
Five's problem, not Zope 2's (strictly speaking).

I don't understand that differentiation. Five is part of Zope 2, so each Five issue is also a Zope 2 issue.

and should be fixed in Zope 2.8, 2.9 and trunk.

We'd be changing Zope 2's behaviour (not fixing a Five bug), I would
therefore vote for making this change on the Zope 2 trunk only.

Fixing a bug sometimes requires to change the behavior.

Cheers, Yuppie