Hi Paul!

Paul Winkler wrote:
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 07:06:28PM +0100, yuppie wrote:
I'm concerned about the people we encourage to use Five technology. Views are a major feature of Five. Should we warn people not to use views? Or instruct them how to patch Zope 2 to protect views against being masked by content IDs?

Or just document a warning that content whose ids begin with @@ can mask
views?

I'm wondering if this is a case of "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

It's quit common that normal users of Zope applications are allowed to add content. You can educate programmers, but you can't solve a problem like this by educating (sometimes untrusted) users. They can easily screw up a Zope app by overriding important views. And if they can do it some (untrusted) users will do it.

Cheers,

        Yuppie