Hi guys,

I’m trying to write a function that checks to see if the current object is a ‘Folder’.

I am using this tutorial as a reference:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/pre-populated-folder

To create a new content object, the following command is used:

parent.invokeFactory(id=id, type_name='Folder')

Is there a function that can check what type this newly created object is? Obviously its ‘Folder’ in this example, but I’d like to be able to get the type_name of an object returned anywhere in my site to see if it is a ‘Folder’.

Thanks,

Mike