Hi,

Sidnei has been working on the Zope 2 publication-refactor branch where he's allowed the use of the Zope 3 Twisted-based server, and of a Zope 3 based publication process.

I'd like to see this merge branched in Zope 2 trunk because I'd like Zope 2.10 to be Twisted-based. What's missing from the branch preventing this? What problems have been encountered?

(This query is a reaction to my diving in to current asyncore+medusa +ThreadedAsync+PubCore that gives me nightmares when I realize I'll have to implement new server types or new stuff more akin to the ZEO storage server.)

Thanks,
Florent

PS: what do people think of changing ZEO so that it integrates with Twisted properly instead of relying on a private event loop hack [please move to zodb-dev if you answer this]