On 13.04.2006, at 11:55, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 13. April 2006 11:46:20 +0200 Florent Guillaume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

Sidnei has been working on the Zope 2 publication-refactor branch where he's allowed the use of the Zope 3 Twisted-based server, and of a Zope 3
based publication process.

I'd like to see this merge branched in Zope 2 trunk because I'd like
Zope 2.10 to be Twisted-based. What's missing from the branch preventing
this? What problems have been encountered?

The question is: how complete and stable is this stuff? Does it replace the
current implementation or is it an optional feature as in Zope 3.2?

twisted is the standard server in zope 3.2 - zserver is optional

If the implementation is half-backed then it will be a show- stopper, otherwise we need some confidence that it works as it should with breaking
something.

Andreas

E-Publishing, Python, Zope & Plone development and consulting