--On 13. April 2006 15:58:44 +0200 Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the "big" solution would take a considerable effort. It's less
than three weeks before feature freeze. That is very little time even
for the "small" solution.

Big or small? Would this be an optional and configurable feature or
replacement of the current infrastructure?

I think it'd be technically possible to have both solutions coexist.
After all, that's what we're doing in Zope 3. zope.app.twisted and
zope.app.server can coexist easily, I don't see why it shouldn't be
possible in Zope 2.

They must coexist in any case. We can not get rid or replace a major
component - neither without breaking compatibility nor without deprecation.

-aj