--On 13. April 2006 11:38:38 -0400 Tres Seaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Florent Guillaume wrote:

Sidnei has been working on the Zope 2 publication-refactor branch  where
he's allowed the use of the Zope 3 Twisted-based server, and of  a Zope
3 based publication process.

I'd like to see this merge branched in Zope 2 trunk because I'd like
Zope 2.10 to be Twisted-based. What's missing from the branch
preventing this? What problems have been encountered?

- -1 to using Twisted by default in 2.10 -- it is still much slower than
ZServer, AFAIK.  I don't think we have time to land this and get it
tested before 2.10, frankely, although I wouldn't mind it, assuming that
one had to explicitly configure the server to use Twisted.

Twisted as default really is not acceptable. If it is stable and does not inter with the rest of Zope we could include but it really depends on the stability and compatibility. Including it just for the sake having it in is not acceptable.