On 6/18/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The remaining important question is: if a *default* view is specified
> using the zope 3 mechanism, should we always treat it as a zope 3 view,
> and refuse to lookup an attribute with that name?

Yep. browser:defaultView should only affect the view machinery.

OK, that means that the test in Five.browser.tests.test_defaultview
lin 94 iw wrong, as it explicitly tests that they CAN be attributes.

   This tests whether an existing ``index_html`` method is still
   supported and called:

     >>> print http(r'''
     ... GET /test_folder_1_/testindex HTTP/1.1
     ... ''')
     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
     Default index_html called

From Five.browser.tests.defaultview.zcml:

If you want to have non-views as browser default, we still need to use
__browser_default__, then.

The option is to allow attributes, and specify the browserdefault with
@@ to force it to be a view.