On 6/19/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm, perhaps browser:defaultView isn't such a bad idea then... :).
Actually, I don't have much of an opinion, to be honest. I just thought
that it would make sense that browser:defaultView only modified the
behaviour of Zope 3 views. The fact that it also modifies the behaviour
of the general traversal machinery in Zope 2 sounds like a blessing if
we get to avoid __browser_default__ this way; if it turns out to be a
curse for other people, then perhaps we need a five:defaultPublishedName
or something...

Well, or we don't do anything, and let people who refuse to use views
continue to use __browser_default__. :-) We do have the non-five
adapter for this, it can stay for ever.

> The option is to allow attributes, and specify the browserdefault with
> @@ to force it to be a view.

Hmm. <browser:defaultView ... name="@@index.html" />??? That doesn't
sound right.

Good, then all seems to agree on that.