Lennart Regebro wrote:
Only because we have more stable releases,

"only"? That's the big problem here ;-)

1. That's all well and good until you _need_ some feature like MVCC and
are then forced to do an upgrade which breaks prettymuch every one of
your products.

And the difference is that this didn't happen very often during 2.6 to
2.8, because there were no new features to _need_. That's not a good
thing. Zope2 development stood pretty much still for several years. We
are no picking up the slack, and yes, that means loads of rapid
changes. The alternative is stagnation and ultimately death.

I'm not sure I agree. Feature complete and stable is where most frameworks want to be.

I'd suggest that constant churn and _need_ for upgrades is the way to ultimately die ;-)

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk