Florent Guillaume wrote:
Has this change been discussed?
I don't agree with it. Unicode strings aren't byte strings. File and Image should only work with byte strings. Code dealing with them should always know and assume that they use str. Anything using unicode with them is broken or has done insufficient input validation.

Please revert, unless you can convince me otherwise.

Right. I raised that issue on IRC already too. I think this should be reverted _and_ unicode should explicitly be denied to enter those objects.

Christian