On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 8. Juli 2006 07:45:01 -0400 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Only if there is no other option. Tres' patch seems to resolve this
issue and with further testing there is no need to remove the
functionality.

"Seems" isn't good enough. It's not even close.  The hot fix last fall
"seemed" to fix the problem. :(

That's is still not an argument. I'll agree with you when we are all convinced that we are all unable to fix this issue if a reasonable effort or when come to conclusion that Docutils is a problem by itself...sorry, but we are not at that point so far.

Otherwise it has to go.

No :-)

Wrong. Sorry, I'll invoke Pope if I have to.

Sorry Jim, that's weak. See above. I'll accept the decision of the Pope as long as it is comprehensible...so far it is not.

Tres came up with this sledge hammer because he has no confidence
in people's willingness to test and implement this feature properly.

I am fine with the sledge-hammer. I've never claimed that we need to support file insertion and raw support in any way. We don't need, we can kick it. But removing or disabling a feature because we are possibly incompetent would be just ridiculous.

Andreas