--On 15. Juli 2006 15:21:20 -0400 Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The things people complain about sometimes astonish me -- just as the
things I complain about sometimes astonish others :-)

I used tags for ZODB until I gave in to complaints about that, and
switched to using revision numbers.  The real complaint about using a
tagged external is that when the tag changes, SVN isn't smart enough
to do an incremental update.  Instead, when you update after an
external tag changes:

What do you mean with "when the tag changes"? A tag IMO should *never* change. I know that even CVS allows you to modify tagged files however I consider this a misuse of the concept "tag". A tag in my understanding is identical with the state for a sequence of files and dirs for a given timestamp where the timestamp should never change.

-aj