--On 15. Juli 2006 15:55:42 -0400 Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Tim]
I used tags for ZODB until I gave in to complaints about that, and
switched to using revision numbers.  The real complaint about using a
tagged external is that when the tag changes, SVN isn't smart enough
to do an incremental update.  Instead, when you update after an
external tag changes:

[Andreas]
What do you mean with "when the tag changes"?

Not what I said:  I said "[when] an /external/ tag" changes".  I mean
when you change an external tag _in_ project A _referencing_ the
external tagged project B.  Here A=Zope and B=ZODB, and the external
tags in question are the ones referencing ZODB from within the
svn:externals properties of various Zope directories.

I am still not completely sure about the problem. Yesterday I created a tag for for ZODB 3.6.2 as ../ZODB/tags/3.6.2 and I updated the svn:externals
for the ZODB on the Zope 2.9 branch to this new tag. When releasing 2.9.4
2.9.4 will be tagged as Zope/tags/2.9.4....so what will be the problem...
both tags should never be touched...am I missing a particular usecase?

Andreas