Andreas Jung wrote:

   security.declareProtected(change_page_templates, 'PUT')
   def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
       """ Handle HTTP PUT requests """
       self.dav__init(REQUEST, RESPONSE)
       self.dav__simpleifhandler(REQUEST, RESPONSE, refresh=1)
       ## XXX this should be unicode or we must pass an encoding
       self.pt_edit(REQUEST.get('BODY', ''))
       RESPONSE.setStatus(204)
       return RESPONSE

As you can see from the comment..there is some work to do.

Yay ;-)

AFAIK
WevDAV the encoding is not available from a WebDAV request?!

Really? :-(

On the other hand there is code available that tries to obtain
the encoding from the XML preamble (sniffEncoding)...

where?

and the very other hand there is still a problem with this method since the encoding can be determined by the BOM (if available)...this currently not handled through the code...I think I'll have a closer look at the code once again this week.

What's a BOM when it's at home?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk