--On 4. September 2006 09:59:29 -0230 Rocky Burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-04-09 at 14:25 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 4. September 2006 09:43:07 -0230 Rocky Burt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So, I've learned to change my habits.  I'm sure you've heard this a
> million times, but there's good reason... it just works.  And that is
> to write unit tests to build your functionality rather than loading it
> up in Zope.

There is not much difference. Restarting a Plone instance with a bag full
of bricks is nearly the same as running Plone unittests with the same
amount of bricks on your back.

Unit tests don't need to load in Plone.  More times than not they don't
even need to load up ZTC.  It's the integration tests that end up

Usually I don't write any unittests but only integration tests for Plone using PTC. That's what I am talking about. Usually I don't write unittests for AT/Plone boilerplate code...you test it one time and it works. More important are integration tests and they really take more or less the same amount of startup time.

-aj