Jonathan wrote:
From a 'robustness' and 'sleep-better-at-nite' perspective I would rather spend the time making sure the application is rock-solid (by replacing the zclasses once and for all) and not have to worry about this issue everytime a new release of zope is installed.

Right. Applications that are gooing to be maintained over the long term
should not use ZClasses, for a lot of reasons.

I'm going to consider this a 'learning experience' ;-)

BTW - nothing beats ZClasses and DTML for quick-and-dirty demos, one-time applications, and rapid-prototyping!

Exactly.  Hopefully, your experience with your initial
ZClass-based implementation can be applied to a more
long-term solution.

Jim